Duration : 7-8 hours
Pick Up Point : Hotel
Drop Point : Hotel
Vehicle Type : Maruti Swift Dezire/Toyota Innova
Minimum Guest : 02
Places Covered : North Goa, South Goa & Old Goa:
Tour Packages On Request
The Menezes Braganza Pereira house is located at the Chandor village in Goa. It is known to be more than 350 years old and is situated near the church square in Chandor. This mansion is the most exquisite heritage house in the countryside, the biggest in Goa and also has a Portuguese style facade. It is a museum of chandeliers, painting, porcelain, crystal, period furniture and other antique items.
Ancestral Goa, is a museum dedicated to cataloging the lifestyle of people as it existed in the days of yore. It is essentially a history book of life-sized proportions displaying the various facets of life as it existed back then. A period that was influenced by the Portuguese colonists yet still retained some of its traditional flavor and maintained an eccentric originality. Ancestral Goa preserves these dying quirks of Goan life as it was for the reference of the visitor. Also called BIG FOOT, post the discovery of a foot print on a rock, where visitors pray for blessings, Ancestral Goa is furthermore an ecological center, with its wide parkland atmosphere, it is home to many species of indigenous birds and reptiles.
The Shri Mangeshi Temple is a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is considered to be the most important temple in Goa, it belongs to the typical Goan Hindu temple style of architecture. It is very distinctive with its white towers, welcoming at the entrance even though it is small and exquisite. It is located on a Hillock at Proil which is in the Ponda Taluka, surrounded with lush greenery which creates a separate place in the hearts of the onlookers. It is 22 kms from Panjim and 26 kms from Margao. It is one of the largest, wealthiest and most frequently visited temples in Goa.
The church is dedicated to Bom Jesus meaning Good Jesus or Infant Jesus. Belonging to the Jesuit order this world heritage monument's construction started on 24th Nov'1594 and was consecrated on 15th May'1605. It is here the Sacred Relics of the body of St. Francis Xavier is kept. A co-founder of the Jesuit order the Saint while returning from Japan during his missionary work got ill and breathed his last at Sancian Island a Chinese province on 3rd Dec 1552.The body was brought to Goa on 16th March 1554 and later in 1613 transferred to the present site. The Coffin is made of silver and the tomb was carved by the well-known 17th century Italian Sculptor Giovanni Battistta Fogini. The first exposition of the body for public viewing was in 1622.Since 1891 there have been regular expositions every 10 years, the last being in 2004.
One of the most spectacular of all monuments in Goa, reproduced on innumerable travel brochures and advertisements is the St Augustine tower in Old Goa. This highly visible landmark, a 46m-high tower served as a belfry and formed part of the facade of a magnificent Church. The Monte Santo (Holy Hill) at Velha Goa was the site for the the monastery of the Augustinian order, attached to which was the enormous church of Nossa Senhora da Graca (Our Lady of Grace). The Tower and Church were built in 1602 by the Augustinian friars who arrived in Goa in 1587.
The tower is one of the four towers of St. Augustine Church that once stood at the site. Initially built of laterite and colossal in size, almost forty-six metres high, it had four storeys. The Tower was meant to serve as a belfry and the Church had eight richly adorned chapels and four altars and a convent with numerous cells attached to it.
This is the largest and the best-preserved Portuguese bastion in Goa and was built in 1609-12, to control the entry into the river Mandovi and to protect Old Goa from potential enemy attacks. A freshwater spring - from where the fort derives it's name - within the fort provided water supply to the ships that called there. Ringed by thick battlements, the heart of the fort was protected by two hundred cannons and a deep dry moat, which one still has to cross to get inside. Strategically located at the estuary of the river Mandovi, this fort was constructed in 1612 as a guard against invasions from the Dutch and the Marathas. The walls of this fort are 5 metres high and 1.3 metres wide.
Capital of Bardez and famous for its Friday bazaar, where people buy and sell everything from lime to livestock. Mapusa is a favourite tourist destination among those who travel to Goa. Market is few kilometers from most popular beaches in north Goa.
Favoured by devoted Hindus where by lies the temple of lord Bodgeshwar. The Shri Bodgeshwar temple in Goa is situated near Mapusa at about 12 kms from Panaji. Lord bodgeshware is also known as Protector deity of Mapusa. People offer different presents to the lord bodgeshwar known as 'agngavani' which means vows are made and who fulfills desires of the devotees. Place is locally known as Bodgini.
A beach famous for its seclusion with the Chapora Fort, as its imposing back drop. Vagator beach is undeniably one of the best beaches in the world.Vagator Beach is split into two main beaches by a seaside headland which holds the car park and lots of stalls selling trinkets, clothes, soft drinks and snacks. As you face the sea, on your right is North Vagator Beach (Big Vagator)and on your left Ozram Beach, more commonly known as Little Vagator Beach
Very popular among the foreigners and is a beautiful picnic spot also known for Trance parties and Hippies in 60's and 70's. Very famous for Night life and always crowded with Foriegn tourist. Today main attraction of Anjuna Beach is wednesdays market popularly know as "Flea Market".
Trip rounds off with a visit to the calangute Beach Widely known as queen of Goa's beaches, picnic and musical groups draw hundreds of people. plenty of Water Sports Activities can be seen in calangute. Calangute has number of Luxury and budget hotels. These beach draws thousand of people every year from all parts of the world.
From its high point can been seen River Zuari meeting to Arabian Sea. A secluded bay situated on the Arabian Sea, the Dona Paula Beach is one of the most sought after beaches in Goa. Water sport facilities are the key attraction of this place. Once a silent village today is one of the most commercialized areas of Goa. Named after the daughter of one of the viceroy's of India Dona Paula de Menzes, who jumped off the cliff because she was not permitted to marry a local fisherman, this beach is haunted by mysticism and divine beauty
Where lies the remains of St. Francis Xaviers body. The Basilica of Bom Jesus is a World Heritage Monument as well as one of the finest baroque churches of Goa. The name of Jesus is symbolically represented by the letters 'IHS' and is found embellished throughout the Basilica
One of the most ancient and celebrated religious buildings of Goa, this magnificent 16th century monument to the Roman Catholic rule in Goa under the Portuguese is the largest church in Asia. The largest of its kind in the East.
Dedicate to Lord Shiva, being built in the 17th Century.
One of the richest temples dedicated to Shantadurga the goddess of peace, also famous for golden palanquin.
Famous as the longest beach in Goa, only rival to Calangute in popularity.
Where you watch the lively culture of Goa in songs and dance.